Dollywood Eagle Cam Chat
Revised June 2, 2019
|Monday||8pm - 10pm|
|Wednesday||10pm - 12am|
|Friday||9pm - 11pm|
Help keep our cams streaming!
At Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, TN) guests can stroll along the edge of Eagle Mountain Sanctuary, where they will see the largest exhibit of non-releasable Bald Eagles in the United States. The Bald Eagles residing within Eagle Mountain Sanctuary are all permanently disabled and would not be able to survive in the wild. This 400,000 cubic-foot aviary houses two Bald Eagle nesting pairs in separate breeding enclosures, as well as about a dozen other non-mated, co-habitating eagles, all cared for the non-profit American Eagle Foundation.
Eaglets hatched and raised at Eagle Mountain Sanctuary are transferred to the AEF’s hacking tower at about 6–7 weeks of age where they will acclimate to a wild, natural setting into which they will be released at fledging age.
Facebook Live Nest Cams
Archived Nesting Seasons
Click a year to view the corresponding Dollywood nesting season.
Feeding the Eagles
Fresh food (quail, fish, rats) is delivered daily to the eagles by AEF caregivers and left at the bottom of the hill; the parent eagles choose what they want, and then bring it back to the nest to feed themselves and their eaglets. There is also a bathing/watering tub at the same location, which the eagles often enjoy.
Chat Information & Etiquette
Help Us Make Our Chat Room Fun & Friendly!
- We ask all chat guests to be respectful, polite, and focused on eagles.
- Most importantly, the AEF Dollywood Chat Room is a family and classroom friendly place and we ask that all chat guests respect the diversity of the room. Profanity, personal invective, or other inappropriate comments will not be tolerated. Disagreements might be unavoidable but should remain polite, and they should never become arguments. Chatting is a privilege, not a right. If your presence is disruptive or inappropriate, moderators (mods) can timeout, kick, or permanently ban chat abusers, and can delete inappropriate posts.
- We request that guests refrain from touching on politics, religion, sports, TV shows, personal medical issues, and other unrelated topics. Although we respect your political views, please do not post them in the main chat, since this is not a forum for political issues.
- We prefer that chatter focus on the Dollywood eagles featured on this page. We are aware that many of our chatters view other nests and like to share the news (eaglet hatchings et al), which is acceptable. However, please keep information from other nests to a minimum so we don’t confuse other chatters. If you feel the need to discuss other topics, please do so by using Private Messages (PMs).
- Due to how much space they take up in the chat window, we ask for Chat guests to not post strings of several emoticons, smileys, or random characters, either on a single line or in successive posts. We also prefer that guests not post in all caps, as it can sometimes be interpreted as yelling.
- Our Moderators volunteer 100% of their time to this project. We kindly ask that chat guests respect the Mods, who are here to make sure all viewers have a good experience.
If you have questions about the Eagles and would like to have a more in-depth conversation, email Dollywood Eagle Cam mods.
If you would like to have technical questions about Chat answered, or if you are having problems setting up an account, email our webmaster.
Thanks for visiting!
Please tell your friends about us, and come back often.